Healthier Sugar Cookies
By Mandy Fayne
This recipe for sugar cookies and delicious, melty frosting has
a healthy twist.
This recipe for sugar cookies and delicious, melty frosting has a healthy twist.
- ½ cup (or 1 stick) unsalted butter- softened to room
- ½ cup 2 % Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ¾ cup white flour
- pinch of sea salt
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- food coloring if you want colored frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together butter, yogurt, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add baking soda, flour and salt. Mix.
- Lightly dust parchment paper with flour and spread on cookie
dough a little under ¼ inch thick. Using a rolling pin is easiest
to flatten the dough and my kids loved it!
- Create shapes of your own or use cookie cutters.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edge of the cookies start to
turn a golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool before frosting and decorating.
- Combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Spread on cookies!