Ginger Peach Popsicles
When Chicago's summer rears its sweaty head, try these cool-as-a-cucumber popsicles. The ginger adds a grown-up taste you're sure to love, even if your little ones don't.
- 4 peeled, pitted, ripe peaches
- 1 Tbsp. fresh, grated ginger
- 2¼ tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups water
- Stir the peaches, ginger, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently and breaking
the peaches up a bit with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend until
- Mix in the water and allow the mixture to cool to room
temperature. Pour the mixture into Popsicle molds and freeze until
just barely set so you can place the wooded sticks.
- Freeze for a couple more hours.