These Funfetti Cupcakes are healthier than boxed mix and fun to make with the kids.
- ¼ cup butter - softened to room temperature or microwave for 20
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- (*or 4 egg whites)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup low fat milk (*or 2% Greek yogurt)
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - softened to room temperature or
microwave for 20 seconds
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the softened butter, applesauce, oil and sugar. Add eggs,
vanilla, baking powder and flour. Stir in milk until the batter is
smooth. Blend in sprinkles.
- Pour batter into muffin pan.
- Bake cupcakes 30-40 minutes, or until top is golden and a fork
inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool before
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla,
milk and salt.
- Frost away and decorate!
Mandy is a mom of two children, who hopes to inspire families to have fun in the kitchen together.
See more of Mandy's stories here.