Frozen bananas make a cool, yummy summer beat-the-heat treat.
About 1/3 cup chocolate chips (or leftover chocolate bar, chopped)
1 banana, peeled
Flaked sweetened coconut
Cookie or cake "sprinkles"
1. After cutting off the ends of the banana, cut into 1-inch slices. Place the slices onto a plate or baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for about one hour.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30-second increments. Stir well after each, until the chocolate is completely smooth.
3. Place the coconut and sprinkles each on separate plates.
4. Remove the banana from the freezer and dip each piece halfway into the melted chocolate.
5. Roll the chocolate-covered halves in the coconut and sprinkles.
6. Place the banana pieces back on the plate and into the freezer for an additional 15 minutes or until set.