This bread-less take on an class egg salad sandwich is perfect for those with gluten allergies...or the rest of us, when we run out of bread. Dijon mustard adds an optional kick.
- Fill medium saucepan with cold water. Add pinch of salt and
eggs, bringing to a boil over high heat.
- Once water is boiling, remove from heat and cover.
- Let rest for 20 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Submerge the eggs in cold water and let set for 10 minutes to stop
- Remove shells and chop egg to desired consistency. Mix
remaining ingredients into eggs.
- Serve in butter lettuce, similar to a taco.
Variation: Mix in chopped tomato, avocado, cucumber,
scallions or dill pickle.