1. With a sharp knife, remove the stem and about 3 inches off
the top of each pepper. Carefully remove seeds and fibrous membrane
from each pepper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bulgur, onion,
egg, rice, salt and pepper.
3. Divide the meat mixture into six portions and stuff each
pepper with it.
4. Place crushed tomato and water in a large covered baking
dish. Carefully add the peppers so they are all standing up.
5. Place in a 375 degree oven for about 1¼ hours.
6. Carefully remove cover as there will be a great deal of
steam. Serve on plate with tomato gravy spooned over each pepper
and with additional gravy spread around the pepper.