Easy Banana Nutella Crepes
By Mandy Fayne
Dreaming of Paris? Add a little culture to your family's
breakfast with this easy recipe for a twist on a French
Dreaming of Paris? Add a little culture to your family's breakfast with this easy recipe for a twist on a French favorite.
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup water
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter- softened or microwave for 30 seconds
- Cooking spray
- Nutella- desired amount to cover your crepe
- 1 banana thinly sliced
- Whisk flour, eggs, milk, water, salt, and butter until
- Heat pan on medium high, spray, and pour in a third of batter.
(Batter produces about three crepes.)
- Lift up pan and spread batter as flat as you can by tilting pan
right and left.
- After 2 minutes, check the under side of crepe before flipping
with a spatula. Be careful flipping the crepe as it is more
delicate than a pancake.
- Once crepe is flipped, onto half of the crepe, spread Nutella
and add sliced banana. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden
- First fold crepe in half and then roll it. I could not wrap my
crepe as easily as they do in Paris. My first crepe appeared more
like a quesadilla.
- By my second crepe, I figured out the roll. My kids LOVED
eating breakfast with their hands!