Creepy Crawly Crackers
Not all Halloween goodies have to be loaded with sugar. When these creepy-crawlers get onto your kids’ plates, they’ll vanish in no time.
- 20 round crackers (I like Late July Organic Crackers)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 40 small pretzel sticks
- A handful of raisins or chocolate chips
Yields 10 bugs
- Break pretzel sticks in half and set aside. Lay out 10 crackers
onto a large plate or cookie sheet.
- Spread a generous amount of peanut butter over the cracker.
Place eight pretzels in the peanut butter, making four "V" shapes.
Repeat this for all 10 crackers.
- Dab a small amount of peanut butter onto the remaining 10
crackers to make a sandwich with the bottom halves.
- Finally, glue chocolate chips or raisins with peanut butter
onto the top of the bug.
- If peanut allergies are a problem, use hummus or cream cheese