This tested and approved Pinterest recipe is easy to make and perfect for wintry Chicago days or sick kids.
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery, remove ribs and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 head of fresh broccoli & 16 oz. frozen broccoli
- Roux (equal parts butter & flour, cooked until slightly
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups half and half
- Shredded cheese for garnish
- Cook onions & celery in butter until softened.
- Add broccoli & broth, simmer 15 minutes until soft (it will
be breaking apart!)
- Meanwhile, prepare your roux in a separate pan and add to soup,
along with salt, pepper to taste and your half & half. Let it
simmer for a bit, allowing it to thicken and disk all along.
- When ready, serve at your convenience (including cheese).
Your guide to all things Pinterest.
See more of Samantha's stories here.