Try this fruit-filled dessert instead of the traditional array of pies this Thanksgiving -- you'll be amazed how many calories you'll save without knowing it.
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 (2.1-ounce) boxes mini-phyllo shells,
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Finely grated orange zest
- Place cranberries, honey, allspice and cinnamon in a small
saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in pears and simmer for 10 minutes or until excess liquid has
- Let cool, then spoon mixture into phyllo cups. Top with
walnuts, then lightly grate orange zest over the top.
Yield: 30 tiny desserts
Nutrition (per three tarts): 110 calories, 21g carbohydrate, 2g
protein, 2.5g fat, 0g saturated fat and cholesterol, 60mg sodium,
2g fiber and 12g sugar.
Recipe courtesy of Patty Mastracco of I Do Food.
See more of 's stories here.