This Country Fruit Cobbler is sweet and delicious, and sure to be an instant family classic.
4 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches (about 8)
½ cup fresh or frozen blackberries
1 cup sugar, divided
1 Tbsp. corn starch
¼ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup yellow cornmeal, whole grain
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup 1% milk
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 13- X
9-inch pan, baking dish or cast iron skillet.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine peaches and
blackberries with a mixture of ½ cup sugar, cornstarch and
3. In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ½ cup
sugar, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cornmeal, baking
powder and salt.
4. Combine and add milk and melted butter to dry mixture.
Blend just until all dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Pour or spoon batter over peach mixture. Bake for 50 to
60 minutes until crust is crisp and golden brown. Serve hot with
whipped cream or ice cream.