- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 small head cabbage
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Place brisket and contents of spice packet in a large saucepan.
Add onion, water and apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Transfer brisket to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with
cooking spray; reserve cooking liquid. Combine the brown sugar,
orange peel, mustard and cloves; rub over meat. Bake, uncovered, at
350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut cabbage into four wedges, leaving a portion of
the core attached to each wedge. Add cabbage and carrots to cooking
liquid. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20
minutes or until tender. Thinly slice corned beef; serve with
vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Recipes courtesy TasteofHome.com. Visit TasteofHome.com for more
St. Patrick's Day recipes.
See more of 's stories here.