These sweet snacks are like the pot of gold at the end of your family's feast. With their yummy peppermint and marshmallow flavor, they'll have Irish eyes smiling.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups large marshmallows (about 40)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- Green sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; cook and
stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in
extract and cereal. With buttered hands, press mixture into a
greased foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool completely on a wire
- Turn onto a cutting board; remove foil. Cut with a 3-in.
shamrock cookie cutter; reshape shamrock stem if needed (save
scraps for another use).
- In a microwave, melt candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute;
stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring
- Stir in food coloring if desired. Spoon over cutouts and spread
evenly. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 15
Recipes courtesy TasteofHome.com. Visit TasteofHome.com for more
St. Patrick's Day recipes.
See more of 's stories here.