Run, Run Rudolph Granola
Run, Run Rudolph Granola makes a fun and whimsical gift for children. And after you've served the hungry reindeer, the extra granola will make a great Christmas morning breakfast.
- 2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. raw, sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp roasted and unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp. real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. honey or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. each red and green sugar crystals
- 1/3 cup mixed dried fruit (such as cherries, blueberries,
cranberries, raisins or apricot)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl except for the
sugar crystals and dried fruit. Stir until all of the oats and nuts
are well-coated. Spread the mixture out in a single layer onto a
rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Stir the mixture halfway
through the cooking time. Be sure that the oats don't get too
- Immediately after removing the granola from the oven, add in
the red and green sugar crystals and stir well to distribute
- Mix in the dried fruit.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to a