Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle. #6 on the AllRecipes.com list of top 10 holiday cookie recipes in Chicago.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar
until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the
vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along
with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large
spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until
edges are nicely browned.