It's a fancy name, but it's basically a pizza casserole. And it's delicious.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 slices of bread, or equivalent, cubed
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup cheddar/jack or mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 diced fresh tomato or
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Optional: 1 can mushrooms
- Line bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 buttered baking dish with bread.
Top with chopped chicken.
- In a small frying pan, melt 2 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat.
Add mushrooms and sauté until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from
heat and add to baking dish.
- Top with cheese and tomatoes. In a large bowl, combine milk,
eggs, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended. Pour over
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minute.
See more of 's stories here.