Chicken Fried Rice
This tasty dish is as good as in a Chinese restaurant - and is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- Cook chicken in 1 Tbsp. oil in hot skillet, stirring constantly
until lightly browned.
- Set chicken aside in bowl and add to it 1 Tbsp. soy sauce.
- Add remainder of oil and rice to skillet. Reduce heat to
medium. Stir frequently until golden brown.
- Add chicken with soy sauce and broth. Simmer, covered, for 25
minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in onion, green pepper and remaining soy sauce. Cook,
uncovered, over medium heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Push rice mixture to side of skillet and add eggs. Stir eggs
until they are almost set, then add lettuce and continue stirring
for another minute. Blend with rice.