Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Stir-fries are a perfect way to accomodate the entire family's tastes -- picky eaters can eat the veggies they like and leave the rest.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cips drained baby corn
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch silces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, mixed with 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 stick cinnamon (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breasts diagonally into long strips. Set
- Heat the oil ina wok or deep, heavy skillet. Add the
chicken and cinnamon stick and cook over high heat, stirring and
tossing, until the chicken is no longer pnk. Remove the chicken to
a plate and set aside. Leave the cinnamon in the pan.
- Add garlic to the pan and stir-fry for a few seconds, until
fragrant. Add the snow peas, baby corn and scallions and cook,
stirring and tossing, until peas turn bright green.
- Add chicken back to the pan and stir in the chicken broth
mixture. Cook over high heat for a mintue or two until the sauce
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove the cinnamon stick before
serving. Serve with rice or noodles.