Caramel Cashew Cups
Yield: 24 servings
Nutrients per serving (1 cup): 130 calories, 8 g total fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 2 g protein.
- 1¾ cups salted cashews
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 28 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- ¹∕³ cup bittersweet chocolate morsels
- Using finely chopped cashews to form the crusts adds a nutty
richness to these simple, yet decadent, treats.
- Prehat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray cups of mini-muffin pan
with nonstick cooking spray. Finely chop cashews using food
chopper. Combine cashews, butter and corn syrup in a mixing bowl;
mix well. Using large measuring spoon (about 1 Tbsp.), divide
cashew mixture evenly among cups. Gently press tops of cashew
mixture with lightly floured mini-tart shaper to flatten tops; bake
6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine caramel candies and milk in batter bowl.
Microwave, uncovered, on high 2-3 minutes or until melted and
smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Remove pan from oven. Gently
press hot cashew mixture to form cups. Let stand 5 minutes. Grasp
edges of each cup and twist gently to loosen; remove cups from
- Divide melted caramel evenly among cups using measuring spoon.
Place chocolate morsels in bowl; microwave, uncovered, on high 1
minute or until mostly melted, stirring every 20 seconds. Spoon
melted chocolate into resealable plastic bag. Trim corner of bag;
drizzle chocolate over caramel. Serve warm or at room