Everyone loves baked apples, but when you're on the trail, you can still enjoy this family favorite even without access to your oven.
- 4 sliced apples
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- Granola for topping
- Lay out four sheets of foil and arrange one sliced apple on
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon over each apple.
- Fold the foil around the apple to make a sealed pouch.
- Bake over coals at the edge of your cooking fire for 5-10
minutes, turning once halfway through. Apples are done when warm
- Top with granola and serve.
See more of 's stories here.