The secret to cutting Brisket - a Hanukkah favorite - is to cut against the grain. Then the beef won't shred. This recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 (4 pound) beef brisket
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees
- Combine the chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion
powder, black pepper, sugar, and seasoning salt in a medium bowl,
and blend thoroughly. Apply rub to surface of brisket.
- Cook brisket, uncovered, in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Remove from oven and add beef broth to roasting pan. Lower oven
temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), cover roasting pan
tightly with foil, and cook 3 more hours. Let brisket rest 30
minutes before slicing.
See more of 's stories here.