With a pinch of spook, a dash of creepy and a heaping spoonful of delightfully tacky, these yummy cookies are an eye-catcher at any Halloween party.
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 16 to 18 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cornstarch.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add eggs, one
at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract.
Combine flour and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix
- Shape dough into a ball; flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic
wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
Cut with a floured 3-1/2-in. bone-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in.
apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10
minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to
- On the bottoms of half the cookies, spread 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon
jam down the center; top with remaining cookies.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute;
stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring
- Dip each cookie in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off.
Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 34 sandwich
See more of 's stories here.