With two zoos, a world-class aquarium and more pet parades and nature fests than you can shake a stick at, Chicago offers a menagerie of events for animal lovers.
There's plenty more to do! Bookmark Chicago Parent's Summer Fun Central.
For one week a month this summer, Garfield Park
Conservatory is hosting Sani, Salvi, and Gracie, three local goats
who will be browsing on their prairie grass. People and goats have
been living side-by-side for over 10,000 years, and today's city
dwellers are starting to realize the benefits. Come visit our goat
friends to see an urban pasture at work in our big backyard prairie
area. Please note goats will not be on display during inclement
weather. Look for a sign in the lobby or call the front desk at
312-746-5100 before your visit.
The Goats Are Scheduled to Visit on the Following Dates:
• Saturday June 2 through Friday, June 8
• Saturday, July 7 through Friday, July 13
• Saturday, August 4 through Friday August 10
• Saturday, September 8 through Friday, September 14
• Saturday, October 6 through Friday, October 12