Disney on Ice enchants the entire family
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
I'm not going to lie. I took my twins to a Disney on Ice production thinking I might zone out while the kids were enthralled with skating and flying princesses. Not so! I actually had just as much fun as they did watching lovable characters-Simba from The Lion King, Peter Pan, Alice and the Mad Hatter, Rapunzel, and of course Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald.
Don't tell anyone, but I even got slightly misty during the Circle of Life song.
Make plans now to attend the Rockin' Ever After production at the Allstate Arena and United Center in January and February.
A few tips:
- Dress warmly. You'd think that would go without saying (it's "on ice" after all), yet we still were cold wearing fleeces and long pants so bring extra warmth or even a blanket.
- Bring cash. Lots of it. The main vendors accepted credit cards, but the ones strolling throughout the arena did not. And unless you have more resolve than I do, you'll need a lot of Benjamin Franklins for items such as Disney-themed trinkets that light up with nifty spinning tassels. Parking also was cash only.
- Learn from my mistake and set expectations on what the kids can get (unlike me who spent almost as much as our mortgage on food and souvenirs).
- Don't get hung up on what seats to reserve. Even the higher-up seats seemed to have excellent views.
- Did it cost a pretty penny? Sure, but doesn't everything Disney? The girls were wide-eyed, mesmerized and just plain thrilled-and for a mom, that makes it worth the money.