- Chicago Parent
- July 2012
- 101 summer ideas in Chicago for your family
101 summer ideas in Chicago for your family
- For a special treat, head to Black Dog Gelato on Damen in
Chicago's Ukranian Village. Your kids will like the basic fruit
flavors, while you get to indulge in the Goat Cheese Cashew
- Make homemade pizza and watch a movie.
- Take a worldwide trip without leaving Chicago. Visit Chinatown
or Little Italy. Try eating something new.
- It's backwards day! Start with dinner and have breakfast at
night. Wear your clothes backwards.
- Make s'mores!
- Pick berries and other seasonal fruit. Search "u-pick" on
chicagoparent.com for places to go.
- Get an Italian ice at Mario's Italian Lemonade stand in
University Village, 1068 W. Taylor St., Chicago.
- Cook dinner together as a family.
- Grab some bubble gum and have a bubble blowing contest.