- Chicago Parent
- July 2012
- 101 summer ideas in Chicago for your family
101 summer ideas in Chicago for your family
- Head to the beach. Build a sandcastle.
- Have a picnic at Fort Sheridan Beach in Highland Park. It's a
non-swimming beach, so it's usually not crowded.
- Backyard beach day. Bring out a cooler, beach toys, a plastic
pool and make your own version of Lake Michigan.
- Round up a bucket and doggie shampoo and have a doggie wash
- Visit the Bean at Millennium Park and splash in Crown
- Make a wet and wild obstacle course with sprinklers and a slip
- Play liquid limbo! Grab the hose and use the water as a
- Learn to swim underwater. See how far you can go.
- Inflate your wading pool, fill up some water balloons and throw
a pool party.
- Don't have a sprinkler? That's ok! Make your own by cutting
holes into a soda bottle and placing the hose through the top.
- Play a round of Marco Polo in the pool.