1. Set up a tent in the backyard and have a close-to-home camping trip.
2. Catch fireflies, watch them glow and set them free.
3. Dig for worms.
4. Join a fun sports camp or program at your local park district.ChicagoParkDistrict.com.
5. Explore the Maggie Daley Park where you'll find endless hours of fun from rock climbing to sliding down the winding slides in the Play Garden.
6. Visit one of the many attracttions at Cantigny Park. Each day is filled with new adventures and discoveries from World War I tanks to nature trails. 1S151 Winfield Road, Wheaton.
7. Find some rocks around your backyard and paint fun animals or shapes on them.
8. Play a few rounds of frisbee with your family or dog (if you have one).
9. Plant a flower bed or vegetable garden.
10. Take a family board game outside to the deck.
11. Watch a sunset.
12. Make a homemade birdfeeder for the birds around your neighborhood.
13. Get a telescope and look for stars and planets.
14. Go to a local pond or riverwalk and feed the ducks.
15. Lie down in your backyard and cloud watch. Try to find images or specific shapes within the clouds.