In the current economy, kids have a lot of questions about
finances. This year, for Money Smart Week April 18-25, the Chicago
Money Smart Kid can help provide some of the answers.
Myles Gage, a freshman at the University of Chicago Lab School,
is a member of the Ujamma Junior Investment Club.
To ask a question, visit the Money Smart discussion forum at
ChicagoParent.com or e-mail the discussion board at [email protected].
Parents also can post their own questions for a financial
planner. Questions and responses are screen by a certified
Posting a question immediately enters your child into a drawing
for a $50 savings bond from the Economic Awareness Council.
Use the activities on this page and at ChicagoParent.com to get
the money conversation started in your home.
Click here to
download a .pdf of a Penny Saved crossword puzzle
Click here to download
a .pdf of the crossword puzzle answers
Click here to download a
.pdf of a Penny Saved coloring page
Click here to download a
.pdf of Penny Pinchers
Click here to download a .pdf
of a Penny Saved" A Silly Story
these pdf's you might need the free .pdf reader from Adobe.
You can download it by clicking here.
id you know eating in for one meal instead of going to
restaurant can save one person an average of $1,000 a year? Find
three more ways your family can save:
My family can save
1. President _______'s image is on the penny.
3. If you bring your lunch to work or school each day, a typical
person will save over ___ ________ dollars.
5. The Lincoln ________ is on the back of the five dollar
6. You can earn money called ________ when you have a savings
7. A penny _____ is a penny earned.
2. You earn 6-down when you save money in a ____.
4. On average, individuals with a college degree earn one
_______ dollars more than those without a degree over their
6. The Federal Depository Insurance Corporation (FDIC) _______
deposits in FDIC insured bank accounts to keep your money safe.
8. President Lincoln's image is on the ____ dollar bill.
9. President Lincoln said that _________ was "the most important
subject which we as a people can be engaged in."
Let us plan your weekend with the best family events and activities in Chicagoland.
Start the week right with deals, prizes, parent life hacks and more delivered straight to your inbox.
Need last-minute ideas for a weekend of family fun? No worries. We've got you.
Get the inside scoop on the people, places and things we are loving right now.
Resources, tips, inspiration and more for parents of children with special needs.
Score exclusive offers from our fabulous advertisers.