Parents can help keep their kids safe this school year by teaching them to follow a few tips:
• Make sure there are no drawstrings, toggles or key chains on clothes or backpacks, which can get caught on bus handrails and doors.
• Find a seat and sit down immediately. Wait for the bus to stop completely before standing up.
• Take 10 giant steps away from the bus when you get off.
• If you drop something near the bus, don’t pick it up. The driver may not see you. Instead, ask the driver for help.
• If you have to cross the street, wait until the driver signals to you that it is OK.
• Stay away from the bus wheels at all times—especially the back wheels.
Source: Laidlaw Education Services of Naperville
What to do with your weekend, delivered every Thursday.
Great deals and chances to win prizes, delivered every Monday.
Exclusive offers from our partners,usually delivered twice a week.
Resources for parents of children with special needs,delivered the second Tuesday each month.