6 - 12 months
Having fun with your baby doesn't require anything fancy, says Greg
Bishop, founder of Boot Camp for New Dads.
"Research has shown that babies benefit from time spent with
dad, doing what comes naturally to dads, such as roughhousing,
playing and simply showing him/her the world," says Bishop.
Try these ideas:
• Sing songs together. It doesn't matter if it's a lullaby
or rock 'n' roll as long as it's repetitive and sung with
• Start a kitchen band with pots and pans and spoons and
really make some noise.
• Build an indoor obstacle course with pillows and sheets
for tunnels that baby will enjoy crawling through.
• Make funny faces together while looking in a mirror. Use
shaving cream to give baby a mirror beard and moustache.
• Make baby an instant sports fan. Watch your favorite team
together on TV and practice doing the wave.
Excerpt from Crash Course for New Dads: Tools, Checklists
and Cheat Sheets by Greg Bishop, founder of Boot Camp for New Dads,
which is held in 21 locations in Illinois. To find a location
nearest you, go online at www.dads
What to do with your weekend, delivered every Thursday.
Great deals and chances to win prizes, delivered every Monday.
Exclusive offers from our partners,usually delivered twice a week.
Resources for parents of children with special needs,delivered the second Tuesday each month.