The following is a sampling of the products recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission from Dec. 13 to Jan. 14. A complete list of recalled children’s products is available at www.chicagoparent.com. For more information, call (800) 638-2772 or visit www.cpsc.gov. Toys • Basketball Hoops, First Team. The bolt on the arm that supports the backboard can break, causing the backboard to fall.
• Push Along Frog, Animal Organ, and Rock & Roll Kids Guitar Toys, AA Importer. The toys can break apart, exposing the small parts which may choke a child.
• Fun Years Music Big Drum Musical Set, Kids Station. Small parts of the toy can break off and possibly choke a child. Furniture • Toddler Swings, The Step 2 Company. The straps on the swing can break causing the child to fall.
• Cribs, Orbelle Trade. The company recalled all models of their cribs. The Amber model does not meet safety standards because a child’s head may get trapped between the side rail and mattress support. The other models do not have proper assembly instructions and are missing required safety labels. Clothing • Necklaces, Raymond Geddes. The necklaces contain high levels of lead and may potentially poison a child.
• Bracelets, Riviera Trading. The bracelets contain high levels of lead and may potentially poison a child. Other • Smoke Detector Systems, GE Security Inc. Some of the alarms fail to go off during an emergency when installed with certain control panels.
• Dirt Devil Sweeper Vac, Royal Appliance. The rotor can lock and overheat, posing a fire hazard.
• GE Oval and Double Dish Slow Cookers, Hamilton Beach/Proctor-Silex. The handles on the slow cooker can break, posing a burn hazard.
What to do with your weekend, delivered every Thursday.
Great deals and chances to win prizes, delivered every Monday.
Exclusive offers from our partners,usually delivered twice a week.
Resources for parents of children with special needs,delivered the second Tuesday each month.