The following is a sampling of the products recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission from Dec. 13 to Jan. 14. A complete list of recalled children’s products is available at www.chicagoparent.com. For more information, call (800) 638-2772 or visit www.cpsc.gov. Toys • Basketball Hoops, First Team. The bolt on the arm that supports the backboard can break, causing the backboard to fall.
• Push Along Frog, Animal Organ, and Rock & Roll Kids Guitar Toys, AA Importer. The toys can break apart, exposing the small parts which may choke a child.
• Fun Years Music Big Drum Musical Set, Kids Station. Small parts of the toy can break off and possibly choke a child. Furniture • Toddler Swings, The Step 2 Company. The straps on the swing can break causing the child to fall.
• Cribs, Orbelle Trade. The company recalled all models of their cribs. The Amber model does not meet safety standards because a child’s head may get trapped between the side rail and mattress support. The other models do not have proper assembly instructions and are missing required safety labels. Clothing • Necklaces, Raymond Geddes. The necklaces contain high levels of lead and may potentially poison a child.
• Bracelets, Riviera Trading. The bracelets contain high levels of lead and may potentially poison a child. Other • Smoke Detector Systems, GE Security Inc. Some of the alarms fail to go off during an emergency when installed with certain control panels.
• Dirt Devil Sweeper Vac, Royal Appliance. The rotor can lock and overheat, posing a fire hazard.
• GE Oval and Double Dish Slow Cookers, Hamilton Beach/Proctor-Silex. The handles on the slow cooker can break, posing a burn hazard.
Let us plan your weekend with the best family events and activities in Chicagoland.
Start the week right with deals, prizes, parent life hacks and more delivered straight to your inbox.
Need last-minute ideas for a weekend of family fun? No worries. We've got you.
Get the inside scoop on the people, places and things we are loving right now.
Resources, tips, inspiration and more for parents of children with special needs.
Score exclusive offers from our fabulous advertisers.