Felt storyboards bring familiar stories to life
The following products were recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission from Jan. 15 to Feb. 16. For more information, visit www.cpsc.gov or call (800) 638-2772.
• "Mud Boggers" and "Street Shredders" Pump Up Racers, K'NEX Industries. While being pumped up, the air motor in the toy cars can burst, causing parts to break off. Some of the parts have sharp edges and can pose a risk of injury to the eye.
• Acrylic primer for nail care, Sassi America of Elk Grove Village. The primer is not packaged in child resistant packaging. Children may open the bottles, posing a risk of poisoning.
• Discovery Kids Imaginative Arts Pottery Wheel Kits, Curiosity Kits. The brown clay in the kits contains bacteria which may cause illness.
• NERF Big Play Football, Hasbro. The football has a hard plastic interior. If a child is hit with it during play, it poses a risk of facial cuts.
• "Mega Rider" Swings, Swing-N-Slide. The plastic handle on the swing may crack, causing the metal connecting rod to fall out. When this happens, the child may fall to the ground.
• PlayWell Crayola Activity Cube, PlayWell Toy Co. Small parts may break off the cube, posing a choking hazard to young children.
• Carbon Monoxide Alarms, GE Security. The units failed to detect carbon monoxide after one year of operation, even when the test button was depressed.
Let us plan your weekend with the best family events and activities in Chicagoland.
Start the week right with deals, prizes, parent life hacks and more delivered straight to your inbox.
Need last-minute ideas for a weekend of family fun? No worries. We've got you.
Get the inside scoop on the people, places and things we are loving right now.
Resources, tips, inspiration and more for parents of children with special needs.
Score exclusive offers from our fabulous advertisers.