Tuesday, June 01, 2004
Books, beds, benches and more :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Baby stroller
The following products were recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission from April 16 to May 14. For more information, call (800) 638-2772 or visit www.cpsc.gov. • Vinyl Mirror Books, Kids II. The mirror in the books can crack, posing a safety hazard to young children.
• Trails End, Cottage Retreat and Stages bunk beds, Ashley Furniture Industries. There are gaps between the rails that violate safety standards, allowing children to get trapped.
• Piano Bench, Casio. The screws and brackets connecting the legs can weaken, causing the bench to collapse when someone is sitting on it.
• Tuftex Wall-to-Wall Carpet, Shaw Industries. The carpet was over-treated with a stain resistant during manufacturing. It can easily ignite, causing serious burn injuries.
• Children's Board Books with Sound Maker, DK Publishing. The sound maker on the last page can be removed, posing a chocking hazard to small children.
• Metal Twin, Twin and Twin and Full Bunk Beds, Coaster Co. of America. A gap between the top step of the built-in ladder and the upper bunk is large enough for a child's head, posing a risk of strangulation.
• Passport Stroller, Baby Trend. The fold joint can collapse, causing the baby to fall.