Books, beds, benches and more :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The following products were recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission from April 16 to May 14. For more information, call (800) 638-2772 or visit www.cpsc.gov. • Vinyl Mirror Books, Kids II. The mirror in the books can crack, posing a safety hazard to young children.
• Trails End, Cottage Retreat and Stages bunk beds, Ashley Furniture Industries. There are gaps between the rails that violate safety standards, allowing children to get trapped.
• Piano Bench, Casio. The screws and brackets connecting the legs can weaken, causing the bench to collapse when someone is sitting on it.
• Tuftex Wall-to-Wall Carpet, Shaw Industries. The carpet was over-treated with a stain resistant during manufacturing. It can easily ignite, causing serious burn injuries.
• Children's Board Books with Sound Maker, DK Publishing. The sound maker on the last page can be removed, posing a chocking hazard to small children.
• Metal Twin, Twin and Twin and Full Bunk Beds, Coaster Co. of America. A gap between the top step of the built-in ladder and the upper bunk is large enough for a child's head, posing a risk of strangulation.
• Passport Stroller, Baby Trend. The fold joint can collapse, causing the baby to fall.
What to do with your weekend, delivered every Thursday.
Great deals and chances to win prizes, delivered every Monday.
Exclusive offers from our partners,usually delivered twice a week.
Resources for parents of children with special needs,delivered the second Tuesday each month.