Before you buy, check it out
The following products were recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission from Oct. 2 to Nov. 6. For more information, visit www.cpsc.gov or call (800) 638-2772.
Ages 0-3: • Pet Me Platypus, Neurosmith. Any of the stuffed toy's four plastic button covers can detach, posing a choking hazard.
• Sonato Smiling Mini-Car, Magic Cabin. The wheels on the toy car can pop off, posing a choking hazard.
• Children's Activity Books, Advantage Publishers Group. The hub of a dial on the inside back cover can come off during use, posing a choking hazard.
• New safety rules for baby bath seats. Visit www.cpsc.gov for safety standards to help prevent drowning. All Ages: • Plan Toys Solid Drum, BRIO Corp. Three rubber feet that are screwed into the bottom of the drum can be removed in some cases, posing a choking hazard.
• Fish-Shaped Cigarette Lighter, Sarut Group. The lighters lack required child resistant mechanisms and can expose children to fire hazards.
• Professional Bicycle Floor Pump, Park Tool USA. The pump can become over-pressurized with air, forcing the handle to quickly and unexpectedly rise upward, possibly injuring the user.
• Duet 2 in 1 Hair Styler, Wahl Clipper Corp. The electrical insulation in the curling irons may break down, resulting in possible electric shock and injury.
What to do with your weekend, delivered every Thursday.
Great deals and chances to win prizes, delivered every Monday.
Exclusive offers from our partners,usually delivered twice a week.
Resources for parents of children with special needs,delivered the second Tuesday each month.