Before you buy, check it out
The following products were recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission from Oct. 2 to Nov. 6. For more information, visit www.cpsc.gov or call (800) 638-2772.
Ages 0-3: • Pet Me Platypus, Neurosmith. Any of the stuffed toy's four plastic button covers can detach, posing a choking hazard.
• Sonato Smiling Mini-Car, Magic Cabin. The wheels on the toy car can pop off, posing a choking hazard.
• Children's Activity Books, Advantage Publishers Group. The hub of a dial on the inside back cover can come off during use, posing a choking hazard.
• New safety rules for baby bath seats. Visit www.cpsc.gov for safety standards to help prevent drowning. All Ages: • Plan Toys Solid Drum, BRIO Corp. Three rubber feet that are screwed into the bottom of the drum can be removed in some cases, posing a choking hazard.
• Fish-Shaped Cigarette Lighter, Sarut Group. The lighters lack required child resistant mechanisms and can expose children to fire hazards.
• Professional Bicycle Floor Pump, Park Tool USA. The pump can become over-pressurized with air, forcing the handle to quickly and unexpectedly rise upward, possibly injuring the user.
• Duet 2 in 1 Hair Styler, Wahl Clipper Corp. The electrical insulation in the curling irons may break down, resulting in possible electric shock and injury.