- Create your own bath toys with sponges
Create your own bath toys with sponges
Next time you are at the grocery store, stock up on a few extra packages of sponges and create your own "bath toys."
- 6 x 3 x .9-inch sponges (smaller sponges will work as
- Dental floss or string
- Gather three sponges. The sponges will be easier to cut
straight out of the package.
- Using a pen and a ruler, make five lines lengthwise on each
sponge, each about 1/2 inch apart.
- Use scissors to cut the sponge into six even pieces. Repeat
with the other two sponges. Lay all of the strips on top of
each other in three layers.
- Cut a length of dental floss or string and cinch all of the
sponge pieces across the middle. Knot the string or floss
- Fluff the pieces out into a ball. Trim any excess string.
Caitlin Murray Giles is a full-time mother of three and part-time freelance writer living in Wicker Park.
See more of Caitlin's stories here.