Bring some autumn color to your refrigerator with this paper bag owl. Using a classic brown bag and a few supplies from the craft store, you'll have a hoot!
- brown paper bags
- googly eyes (can substitute buttons)
- orange pipe cleaners (the thicker, the better)
- construction paper (black and yellow)
- brown felt
- autumn leaves
- Making the face: The bottom of the paper bag, folded flat, will
serve as your puppet's face. Cut out a black construction paper
triangle whose base is as wide as the paper bag and glue it
upside-down to the bottom of the bag. Cut a smaller yellow triangle
for the beak and attach it. Glue on the buttons or googly
- Glue the leaves you collected for puppet's "wings."
- Cut an oval of brown felt and glue on the bag for a furry
- Twine three orange pipe cleaners together to form each foot,
then staple to the top the bag.
See more of 's stories here.