By Caitlin Murray Giles
Use the ancient art of origami to create cleverly folded creatures to use as Halloween decorations.
- Black paper cut into 8- x 8-inch squares (scrapbook or origami
paper works best, but construction paper will work as well)
- Glue-on eyes (7mm size works best)
- Glue stick or craft glue
- Begin by folding an 8- x 8-inch piece of black paper into a
- Next, fold down the top 2 inches of the triangle. Fold each
side flap in about an inch and a half, then back out again to form
- Use scissors to cut a notch along the top between the wings to
form two ears.
- Flip the bat over and glue on two eyes.