Create a simple taffy apple craft that you and your child can enjoy all season long.
- Small Styrofoam apples, about 2 inches
high (available at craft stores)
- 4-inch lollipop sticks
- Small sharp knife
- Brown tempera paint
- White glue
- Small chopped nuts (optional)
- Paper plate
- Muffin papers
- Make a small cut with a sharp knife in the top of each red
Styrofoam apple, next to the stem, and push a lollipop stick into
each hole. Mix brown tempera paint with white glue to make the
taffy. Use about equal portions of the paint and glue. Paint the
bottom half of each apple with the paint and glue mixture.
- While the paint/glue mixture is still wet, roll the painted
apple on a paper plate filled with chopped nuts. If you have
allergies, you can easily omit this step and create taffy apples
that are safe for those with nut allergies. While the paint/glue
mixture is still wet, place each apple into a muffin paper.
- You and your family can make a bunch of apples to display for
fall or save them to give away as holiday ornaments for family and