Work with your little elves to create these magnets in anticipation of holiday card season.
- Holiday images (from wrapping paper, gift tags, stickers,
- Bottle caps (preferably twist off)
- Clear casting resin (available from art supply stores such as
Blick Art Supply)
- Craft glue or hot glue gun
- Small magnets
- Begin by collecting bottle caps and a variety of small holiday
- Using craft glue or a hot glue gun, attach one picture to the
inside of each bottle cap. Let dry completely.
- Cover a work surface to protect it from spills and lay caps on
- Following manufacturer's instructions for clear casting resin,
fill each bottle cap to the rim and let dry. The resin will take at
least 24 hours to set.
- Attach magnets to the backs of the bottle caps with glue. Use
your magnet creations to secure holiday cards to the refrigerator
or other magnetic surface.
Caitlin Murray Giles is a full-time mother of three and part-time freelance writer living in Wicker Park.
See more of Caitlin's stories here.