Summer food obsessionsFriday, August 13, 2010
I am thankful that we have a myraid of treats to enjoy this summer and always, in our big, beautiful, foodie of city. Our family faves this summer have been:
1. Scooters (mentioned in my previous post) for frozen custard. My baby loves her toddler cone.
2. The lady on the corner of Fullerton and Sacramento that sells fresh young coconuts. I adore her! She lops off the end of the coconut, pierces it with a straw and voila', a fresh drink that's just sweet enough, low in calories, and more electrolyte balancing than a Gatorade.
3. Las Asadas on Western: The best tacos in the city. Period. Don't miss their horchata either.
4. Red Hot Ranch, again on Western. Three words sum up this place: hand cut fries.
5. We've also been on the lookout for Flirty Cupcakes - hoping they'll venture into walking distance from our home. Similar to an ice cream truck, they travel throughout the city, so you'll never know where they'll be on a given day. Follow them on twitter: flirtycupcakes I'll let you know when we catch them!
Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\article-detail.xslt