I am thankful that we have a myraid of treats to enjoy this
summer and always, in our big, beautiful, foodie of city. Our
family faves this summer have been:
1. Scooters (mentioned in my previous post) for frozen
custard. My baby loves her toddler cone.
2. The lady on the corner of Fullerton and Sacramento that sells
fresh young coconuts. I adore her! She lops off the end of
the coconut, pierces it with a straw and voila', a fresh drink
that's just sweet enough, low in calories, and more electrolyte
balancing than a Gatorade.
3. Las Asadas on Western: The best tacos in the city. Period.
Don't miss their horchata either.
4. Red Hot Ranch, again on Western. Three words sum up this
place: hand cut fries.
5. We've also been on the lookout for Flirty Cupcakes -
hoping they'll venture into walking distance from our home. Similar
to an ice cream truck, they travel throughout the city, so you'll
never know where they'll be on a given day. Follow them on twitter:
flirtycupcakes I'll let you know when we catch them!
Amy Bizzarri is a mom of two living in Logan Square. She also blogs at tiramisumom.com.
See more of Amy's stories here.
What to do with your weekend, delivered every Thursday.
Great deals and chances to win prizes, delivered every Monday.
Exclusive offers from our partners,usually delivered twice a week.
Resources for parents of children with special needs,delivered the second Tuesday each month.