Easy 3-step rocket craft for kidsFriday, February 15, 2013
Trucks and Bubbles
I love taking household materials and re-purposing them into something fun. Toilet paper or paper towel rolls can be used to make so many fun things. This week, we used them to make rockets! I've seen this craft so many times, so we finally sat down to make one. My son loved flying it around the house and I'm sure we'll make more with different types of paper and ribbon for him to take outside.
- Paper towel or toilet paper roll
- Hot glue gun
- Glue stick
- Construction paper
- Hot glue construction paper around the toilet paper roll.
- Cut strips of ribbon and hot glue them along the inside of the toilet paper roll. If you really want your rocket to take off, you can curl the ribbon for added effect.
- Cut a circle out of construction paper, cut a slit halfway up the middle, twist together to form a cone and glue in place.
- Three simple steps and you have your very own rocket!