Oprah has taught me so many things over the years, but these
are the standouts. She is not the only person to have said
these things, and these are not all direct quotes - she is just the
great teacher of the lessons.
- Success is preparation + opportunity - we
can't just wish for something to happen and then sit around
hoping. We have to prepare ourselves (through self
exploration, education, new experiences) and then confidently jump
on the opportunity when it arises.
- You know better, you do better - a quote from
Maya Angelou. Guilt is a waste of precious energy - learn,
integrate, forgive, move on.
- Doubt means don't - if you feel doubt, sit on
it. Listen to your inner voice, take time for silence and
then move forward.
- Worthiness is our birthright - you are worthy
simply because you are here. Period.
- Practice gratitude - give thanks for what you
have, because even if times are tough, you always have something to
be thankful for.
- Know you have a calling - we all came into the
world with a gift or a calling. Figure out what it is and
live from that place.
- Take responsibility for your own life - at
some point you have to stop blaming and start living. Get to
know yourself, appreciate who you are, and find your joy.
- Listen and validate - children and adults need
to know they are heard and understood. It's the greatest gift
you can give.
- Get a bra that fits - it's important.
- Give back - offer your gifts to the world. We
are here to support and love each other.
Thank you Oprah…..blessings as you continue down the yellow
Cathy Adams is a certified parenting coach, yoga instructor and mother to three girls.
See more of Cathy's stories here.