Pinterest recipe success: Creamy Chicken RisottoThursday, April 11, 2013
If you've caught Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsay, then you know how much he loves the perfect Risotto. Whether it's flying out of his kitchen or something that strikes your fancy, risotto is a delicate dish that requires hovering over the stove-top throughout the cooking time. I ran a quick search through Pinterest to see what kind of risotto recipes surfaced. What I found were great recipes, but I didn't quite have all the ingredients listed (like white wine). To keep things simple, I adapted my own simple recipe and decided to create a pin right here!
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 3 cups chicken broth*
- 2 pats of butter
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, diced & cooked
- 1 cup peas, cooked slightly
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked & diced
- Parmesan cheese (shredded and a decent amount - a cup should suffice, but we also like to sprinkle our finished dish with it)
- Parsley for garnish
- Melt butter in pan and add onions. Stir until softened and they begin to become translucent.
- Add rice and mix around a bit for a few minutes.
- Add 1 cup broth, continually stir until absorbed. Add second cup of broth, let "boil" the rice a bit, and again stir until absorbed. Add third cup of broth, "boil" rice, and then stir until absorbed.
- Add vegetables & chicken, stir until blended.
- Toss in your parmesan cheese until melty, gooey, goodness! Garnish with parsley and extra Parmesan. Voila!
*The broth amount may vary depending on your particular rice and cooking method. Sometimes, I have to add more or less to ensure that the rice is absorbing and cooking all the way through. Be sure to test the rice for doneness before adding the veggies & chicken!
Do you have a risotto you love? What can usually be found in your creamy rice dish? Pin your favorites on our page.