A healthy breakfast cookie for Chicago familiesSaturday, October 05, 2013
Kids in the Kitchen
This morning I struggled to find a healthy breakfast for my kids. My son wanted chocolate chip pancakes again and my daughter wanted a bagel and cream cheese. How about eggs? Peanut butter on toast? Oatmeal? Yogurt with granola?
I had one banana sitting on the counter and my daughter came up with a brilliant idea! Banana Cookies! I combined eggs, yogurt, oats and peanut butter all into one cookie! My daughter helped measure, pour, stir and taste test the batter. She approved.
Breakfast is served!
Healthy Protein Packed Breakfast Cookie
Yields about 16 cookies
- 3 eggs whites
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- Baking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients until smooth.
3. Scoop batter and flatten (they will not spread out during baking) onto a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown in color.