My son bounced into my room way too early this week with three very important questions. "One, am I sharing at school today? Two, do I have Kung Fu today? And three," my most favorite question, "what are we cooking tonight?!"
I hope you enjoy cooking this quick and amazingly delicious dinner (mom, dad, and kid approved) as much as we did. Both my kids helped in the preparation. My daughter whisked the egg. My son arranged the three bowls and poured in the ingredients. We took turns dipping the chicken and making sure each piece was thoroughly coated. Best of all, we ate a yummy nutritious dinner together!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Take out three separate bowls. Fill one bowl with the egg, one for the breadcrumbs, and one for the shredded coconut.
3. Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray and set aside.
4. Salt and pepper both sides of each chicken breast.
5. Dip the seasoned chicken breast first in the egg, then the breadcrumbs, and lastly the coconut.
6. Place coated chicken breast side by side in the baking dish.
7. Bake chicken for 30-35 or until chicken is cooked through.
Mandy is a mom of two children, who hopes to inspire families to have fun in the kitchen together.
See more of Mandy's stories here.