Here is an easy way to brighten anyone's day!
My kids had fun baking and eating them, my Greek yogurt was about to expire, and my husband enjoyed a muffin after our beef fried rice made with quinoa.
These muffins are perfect for entertaining, light enough for a daytime treat, and sweet enough for dessert.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine oil, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds. Mix.
4. Pour batter into paper muffin cups, about ¾ full, and bake for 26-30 minutes.
5. Once muffins are finished baking, in a saucepan, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk and simmer. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until glaze bubbles.
6. Paint glaze on muffins. The glaze is sticky so use it immediately.
Mandy is a mom of two children, who hopes to inspire families to have fun in the kitchen together.
See more of Mandy's stories here.