Recipe: Vanilla Chocolate Chip CakeFriday, February 15, 2013
Kids in the Kitchen
While my daughter napped this afternoon, my son and I baked my easy, healthy and delicious Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake.
With Valentine's Day in mind, this simple, scrumptious, and pretty cake is the perfect sweet touch for a weekend brunch, lunch or dinner!
My son utilized his math skills while measuring the ingredients. (He eats the chocolate chips and practices subtraction at the same time!) He loves machinery, and turning on and off the mixer was also part of the fun! My daughter was overjoyed when she woke up from her nap to find a cake in the shape of a heart! (Again, I give credit to Target where I bought the heart shaped pan. I think I shop there too much.)
Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
- baking spray
- 1 package yellow cake mix (I bought Pillsbury Classic Yellow)
- 1 3.4oz vanilla instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix until smooth. My son had fun measuring, pouring, and stirring.
- Blend in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the fork test comes out clean.