Recipe: Baked Zucchini FriesFriday, February 08, 2013
Kids in the Kitchen
Zucchini Fries are my family's new favorite veggie side. While fries imply something unhealthy for you, this savory, crunchy and delicious twist on zucchini is healthy! Best of all, they are easy to make and super fun for the kids to help bake!
My kids participated by whisking the egg. (I have the cutest giraffe whisk -thanks Target!) Then my kiddos dipped each zucchini slice into the beaten egg and then into the seasoned breadcrumbs.
While this recipe is a fun activity for the whole family to participate in, this was not a very clean activity. My kids had so much fun baking these fries and eating the fruit (or in this case, veggie) of their labor, this healthy recipe is worth a little mess!
Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe:
- 2 eggs- beaten
- 3 medium zucchini- sliced thin
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs pre-seasoned or plain seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice the zucchini to resemble French fries.
3. Beat the eggs and place into a bowl for dipping.
4. Fill a separate bowl with the breadcrumbs.
5. Dip the sliced zucchini into the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
6. Lay the coated zucchini side by side on parchment paper.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.