Recipe for delicious Nutella Sugar CookiesFriday, April 19, 2013
Kids in the Kitchen
This Nutella Sugar Cookie recipe is one of my favorites. My son and daughter love baking these cookies! They practice their counting and fine hand motor skills while unwrapping theHershey Kisses. They like to roll the dough into balls and place a Hershey Kiss in each cookie. These cookies are super easy, quick and yummy! Did I mention, they are healthier than your typical sugar cookie!
Nutella Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1/4 cup butter- softened (25 seconds in the microwave usually does the trick)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20 Hershey Kisses
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Mix nutella, butter, applesauce, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
2. Slowly add flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Roll batter into 1/2 size golf balls and place on greased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 5 minutes.
5. Take out of oven, place kiss in center of each cookie and bake another 5 minutes. Let cool.