Here is a fun twist on your usual PB & J sandwich: Turn it
into a muffin with nutritious ingredients! I used whole wheat
flour, a touch of ground flaxseeds for omega-3s and vanilla Greek
yogurt for protein and sweetness.
Both my kids helped prepare these easy muffins. They mixed,
measured, and carefully concentrated on adding the jelly to the
middle. They turned out delicious for breakfast and an afternoon
Get messy! Have fun! And eat healthy!
Yields 12 muffins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking powder,
baking soda, sea salt, and sugar.
3. Add in milk, PB, yogurt, and eggs until smooth.
4. Fill muffin cups half full with batter and then add 1 tsp.
5. Fill rest of muffin cup with remaining batter.
6. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
7. Let muffins cool before enjoying.
Mandy is a mom of two children, who hopes to inspire families to have fun in the kitchen together.
See more of Mandy's stories here.
Let us plan your weekend with the best family events and activities in Chicagoland.
Start the week right with deals, prizes, parent life hacks and more delivered straight to your inbox.
Need last-minute ideas for a weekend of family fun? No worries. We've got you.
Get the inside scoop on the people, places and things we are loving right now.
Resources, tips, inspiration and more for parents of children with special needs.
Score exclusive offers from our fabulous advertisers.